The organization was established in response to the families for primary health care, Education services, Good governance, human rights, research and economic stability in Tanzania. Formally, began as a small initiative with 5 founders. Currently the organization has 25 members’ (men and women) who provide voluntarily crosscutting issues such as a Primary health care service, education and entrepreneurship, human rights and Good governance to the community.
Having society with access to quality health care, education service, Good governance, human right and Economic stability.
AFAP shall enhance entirely communities in Tanzania to enquire quality health care, education services, Good Governance, human right and economic stability through sensitization, mobilization and animation for all families in Tanzania.
- Registration under Non Governmental organizations Act No. 24 of 2002
- Registration 00002872
- Date of Registration: 05 February 2009
- NAME: AFRICAN FAMILY ACTION PLAN (AFAP)
- BANK: ACCESS BANK
- ACCOUNT NO: 05241000157-78, Tabata Branch, Dar es salaam-Tanzania. OR
- BANK; PEOPLE S BANK OF ZANZIBAR-(for school project).
- ACCOUNT NO: 52120100013287, Lumumba Branch, Dare s salaam, Tanzania.
- TYPES: CURRENT ACCOUNT.
- SIGNATORIES: JUMA MTI, CONSTANTINE MNEMA, HANIFA KHATIBU and IDD SALUM.
- Human dignity and gender equity:
- All women and men are equal. They have equal rights in the society and participate in the developments activities equally.
- AFAP will ensure participation of all people living in the working areas and provide special emphasis to the women participation as they considerably in backward position.
- All AFAP staff has the equal opportunities for promotion on their Experience and qualification considering gender perspective.
- AFAP staff and managements will ensure gender justice in all aspects of the organization.
2. Honest, integrity, sincerity and Transparency:
- All project / programs personnel of AFAP shall promote honesty, Integrity, sincerity and transparent.
- Staff behavior and conduct must consider is value and remain honest sincere and transparent.
- Staff and organization will never hide any information to the stake holder.
3. Cost Consciousness and sound managements resources:
- All project / programs of AFAP shall manage and use their resource cost effectively and in some cases cost recovery basis.
- Staff of AFAP shall remain highly concerned on best use of resources.
4. Quality services:
- All project / programs services of AFAP will be high quality.
- Staff of AFAP shall be responsible for maintaining the quality of the program performance.
5. Capability and Accountability:
- Beneficiaries of AFAP shall posses the knowledge, understanding and capability to identify and resolve their problem.
- Staff AFAP shall facilitate process.
- AFAP managements and staff of AFAP shall remain strict to their work plan and demonstrate accountability to the Organization.
6. Creativity and Innovation:
- In all cases the creativity and innovation will be appreciated in the whole project or program cycle.
- Creativity and innovative work the staff would be rewarded.
- Creative and innovative work would be replicated.
- All staff, beneficiaries and counterparts shall respect the Organizational rules and regulations.
- Staff shall remain committed to the policy, procedure and system of the organization.
- Any violation of rules and regulation would be treated seriously and disciplinary action would be taken accordingly.
8. MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE with leadership pattern
General body is supreme authority of the AFAP which consisted board of director members, the organization’s staff, organizations target beneficiaries and other stake holders. General body brings any amendment in the organizational structure. General body of the organization confirms the yearly organization activities and accounts. General elect the member of executive committee. EC appoint Board of Directors members for 3 years period. Board of Director is responsible and accountable to general body also elect the executive Director among of committee members. The executive committee is responsible and accountable to general body of Director and general body for its work and organization management. This is the body accountable for effective smooth function of the daily organization activities. The executive Director he performs the management’s functions and guides the staff members assigned by the Executive committee. The senior staff works under the direct supervision of the executive Direction.
- The executive committee is accountable to the general body and board of director for its Activities As per constitution AFAP management is responsible to the Board of Director of the Effective management of the organization and the program as well as for the proper utilization of funds provided by the different sources.
- The Executive Committee always monitor the activities of Accounts section for ensuring the good Accounting before implementation of any project or plan it needs to be approved by executive committee.
- AFAP is also accountable to the national, district and ward level Administration for its Activities. AFAP is participating in the coordination meeting organization by the local Administration and submitting reports on a regular basis.
- AFAP is also accountable to its beneficiaries for the activities and services and the money they saved and given to the organization’s custody.
- Health, Education, Economic, Research, Human right and good governance
AFAP NURSERY & PRIMARY SCHOOL
(School for Orphans & Vulnerable children)
I.KIPAWA-MJI MPYA –ILALA DISTRICT, DAR ES SALAAM.
Number of offices
- Head teacher office: 01
- Teacher office: 01
- Room of classes: 06
- Toilet room:04
- Total office, Classes & Toilet: 12
II.MSONGOLA – MBONDOLE –ILALA DISTRICT, DAR ES SALAAM
Number of offices:
- Head teacher office: 01
- Teacher office: 00
- Room of classes: 02
- Toilet room:05
- Total office, Classes & Toilet: 08
III. MSANGA ZALALA-KISARAWE DISTRICT, PWANI REGION.
- We have 2 acres for nursery, primary and heath centre projects.
- IV. KASELYA VILLAGE- IRAMBA DISTRICT, SINGIDA REGION.
- Head quarter office:01
- We have3 acres for nursery and primary school for Orphan, Disabled and Vulnerable children.